If you are a gaming buff and want to create a gaming website, here are some useful tips that can help you in the process. It is not a joke to create a gaming site but it has potential market and can be a great platform to express your gaming ideas that can change the gaming industry once and for all. Just like any other website, Content is the King for gaming website too. It can help you set apart from the rest.
Stay focused: There are dime a dozen types of gaming websites and this makes it important to stay focused. To start with you can stay focus on a few things and then increase your focus based on the audience and staff size. Some of the gaming website types include:
- News is related to the different gaming headlines and breaking stories. It helps to drive the traffic to the site.
- Review is also another means to drive traffic and here you can find popular game reviews. To stand out in a highly saturated market it is important to perform well to shine.
- Community is the ideal way to get to likeminded people. It is a honorary service but you are sure to gain good following.
- Wiki is another way to build a community,
- Fan sites are a must as it gives access to developers for interviews
- Cheats are preferred by gamers to unlock levels and this can be highly competitive.
- Blogs allows followers to post their thoughts relating to the game.
Rough design: Come up with a rough design of your website. Create a basic layout and work out on the visual style. Sketches are the best way to conceive a design. You can use photoshop to mock up some. To determine the website navigation make a flowchart.
Basic HTML will help: There is no need to be a programming wizard to design a gaming website but basic knowledge of HTML will help to create the regular content updates.
Building a gaming website: You can use web designing contractor or just build your own website. Remember you website should be able to handle:
- The website should have all the feature like comments, account management tool, video streaming and more.
- Get proposals from different web designing companies before your pick one. Ensure your style matches with their designing skills.
Identify a host: Web host does the job of hosting your website onto the server. There are both free host and paid hosting. Generally it is best to choose a good host that helps your website to scale. Therefore choose carefully to avoid snags in the future.
Uploading your website: A host server is necessary to upload your website. You need different site building tools and it is generally provided by the host else you may have to publish using FTP client.
Adding content: Before your website is live it is important to choose the right content. A site cannot be active without content. It gives personality to you website.